**This post contains affiliate links
Determining what the best credit card deals in Canada are purely subjective. Unlike the best travel credit cards in Canada where you can actually measure things based on the signup bonus and earn rates, the best deals can be open to interpretation. With this in mind, my selections are based on actual promotions as well as benefits that you get right away without much work. Since credit card offers often change, I’ll update this article on a regular basis. Here are the best credit card deals in Canada right now.
WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard
- $119 annual fee
- $250 WestJet Dollars signup bonus after your first purchase
- Earn 2% back in WestJet dollars on WestJet flights or WestJet Vacations packages
- Earn 1.5% back in WestJet dollars on everyday purchases
- Receive an annual round-trip companion voucher starting at $119
- Free first checked bags for the primary cardholder (up to 8 bags on the same reservation)
- Comprehensive travel insurance package included
One of the best credit card deals in Canada has to be the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard and it doesn’t even have a special offer right now. The reason it’s one of the best credit card deals is that cardholders get a round-trip companion voucher starting at $119 CAD. This is an incredible value when you consider the fact that a round-trip ticket from Toronto to Vancouver usually costs about $500. That means two people would pay roughly $619 (plus the taxes, fees and charges for the second ticket) for that trip which would easily save them a few hundred dollars. You also get $250 WestJet dollars after your first purchase and your first checked bag free for the primary cardholder. In my WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard review, I explain why it’s one of the best airline credit cards and why WestJet Rewards is one of the best loyalty programs.
BMO World Elite Mastercard
- $150 Annual fee – First year free*
- 30,000 BMO Rewards points ($215 value) after charging $3,000 in purchases
- 10,000 BMO Rewards points on your first anniversary date
- Earn 3 BMO Rewards points per $1 spent on dining, entertainment, and travel purchases
- Earn 2 BMO Rewards points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Mastercard Airport Experiences membership provided by LoungeKey, plus 4 annual complimentary passes
- Comprehensive travel insurance package included
- Free global WiFi
The current deal for this card is 30,000 BMO Rewards points and the annual fee of $150 is waived for the first year. There’s also the Mastercard Airport Experiences membership provided by LoungeKey and the 4 annual airport lounge passes which has a value of $280. If you read my BMO World Elite Mastercard review, you’ll find out why it’s one of the best travel credit cards in Canada.
Marriott Bonvoy Amex card
- $120 annual fee
- 51,000 Marriott Bonvoy points welcome bonus
- Earn 5 Marriott Bonvoy points for every $1 on eligible card purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties
- Earn 2 Marriott Bonvoy points for every $1 on all other purchases
- Free annual night award that can be redeemed at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties worldwide, with a redemption value up to 5,000 points
- 15 Elite Night credits each calendar year
- Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status when you spend $30,000 on your card each year
- Complimentary in-room, premium internet access while staying at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
Rounding up the list of the best credit card offers in Canada is the Marriott Bonvoy Amex card. This is another one of those credit cards that doesn’t have a special promotion, but the signup bonus is excellent. You get 51,000 Marriott Bonvoy points with a referral link when you charge $3,000 to your card in the first three months. Those points are enough for five nights at any category 2 hotel when you factor in the book 4 nights, get the 5th-night free promotion. In my Marriott Bonvoy Amex card review, I go over why Marriott Rewards is one of the best loyalty programs in the world. Note that the regular sign up offer is 50,000 points on a spend of $1,500 so you get an extra 1,000 points with my link but you have a higher minimum spend.
American Express Business Platinum
- $499 Annual fee
- 45,000 Membership Rewards points welcome bonus when using a referral link
- Earn 1.25 points for every $1 spent
- 55 interest free days
- Unlimited airport lounge access
- Comprehensive travel insurance package
- Buyer’s assurance
- Purchase protection
Of my list of the best credit card deals, the American Express Business Platinum card has the highest annual fee. Although $499 may seem like a steep price to pay, the welcome bonus makes it worth it when you use a referral link. The “catch” is, you need to spend $7,000 in the first three months of card membership to get the bonus.
If you have some major purchases coming up, this is the card to get. Once you have those Membership Rewards points, you use them on any travel you book through the Amex travel portal or you can get even more value by using the American Express Fixed Points Travel Program. In addition, you can transfer your points to Aeroplan or Marriott Bonvoy which can also give you a lot of value for your points.
For reference, the regular offer gives you fewer points, but it comes with a lower minimum spend requirement for the welcome bonus. Always check both offers to see what’s the best fit for you.
Tangerine Money-Back card
- No annual fee
- 2% money-back on up to 3 categories
- 0.5% money-back on all other categories
- Automatic monthly redemption with no minimum balance required
With the Tangerine Money-Back credit card, the regular earn rate is 2% on up to three categories. You get to choose two 2% categories right away and a third one is given to you if you have your cash-back deposited into a Tangerine savings account. All other purchases earn you 0.5% cash-back. It’s worth noting that this is a no-fee card so this is a great card since it comes with good cash back multipliers. If you want to learn more about the card, you can read my review here.
Scotiabank Gold Amex
- $120 Annual fee
- 20,000 Scotia Rewards points ($200 value) when you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent on grocery, dining, and entertainment purchases
- Earn 3 points per $1 spent on gas, public transportation, rideshares and eligible streaming service purchases
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
The Scotiabank Gold American Express was completely overhauled last year and quickly became one of the most popular travel credit cards. The sign up bonus of 20,000 Scotia Rewards points is worth $200, but it’s the earn rate that gets people excited. You’ll earn 5 points per $1 spent on grocery, dining, and entertainment purchases; 3 points per $1 spent on gas, public transportation, rideshares and eligible streaming service purchases; and 1 points per $1 spent on everything else. In addition, this card has no foreign transaction fees and a great travel insurance package.