**This post contains affiliate links
Have you ever wondered what the best Scotiabank credit cards in Canada are? Well, it really depends on how often you travel, the type of rewards you like to earn, and how much you spend each month.
What’s nice about Scotiabank credit cards is that you have a lot of choices when it comes to the rewards you earn. Depending on which card you use, you can earn travel, movie, or cash-back rewards. You may even get some amazing additional benefits such as travel insurance, concierge service, and airport lounge access. Here’s a list of the best Scotiabank credit cards in Canada and what they offer.
|Card||Welcome Bonus||Annual fee|
|Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite||30,000 after $1,000 spend||$139|
|Scotiabank Gold Amex||15,000 after $1,000 spend||$99|
|Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite benefits||10% Cash-back for 3 months||$99 - First year free|
Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card
- $139 annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- 30,000 Scotia Rewards points ($300 value) when you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months
- Priority Pass Standard Membership + 6 free visits per year
- Earn 2 Scotia Rewards points per $1 spent on eligible grocery, dining, entertainment, and transit purchases
- Earn 1 Scotia Rewards point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Comprehensive travel insurance package included
The Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite card is one of the best travel credit cards in Canada since it has no foreign transaction fees and comes with a great sign up bonus of 30,000 Scotia Rewards points when you apply for the card by June 30, 2019. With this card you also get 6 airport lounge passes with PriorityPass which is the most passes any credit card with a fee less than $150 offers. Oh, and you also get one of the best travel insurance packages out there. Read my Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite card review now for my full thoughts.
Scotiabank Gold Amex
- $99 Annual fee
- 15,000 Scotia Rewards points ($150 value) when you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months
- Earn 4 points per $1 spent on gas, grocery, dining, and entertainment purchases
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Comprehensive travel insurance included
- Concierge services and specially targeted offers
Some people don’t like the $99 annual fee that comes with the Scotiabank Gold Amex, but you’ll earn 4 Scotiabank Rewards points per $1 spent on gas, grocery, dining, and entertainment which works out to a 4% return. No other credit card gives you that high of a return on gas purchases. All other purchases earn you just 1 point per $1 spent, but that’s still a respectable 1% return that you’re getting. Comprehensive travel insurance and concierge service are also included with this card as benefits. If you want to learn more about the Scotiabank Gold Amex, check out my review.
Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite
- $99 annual fee – first year free
- 10% cash-back on all purchases (up to $2,000 in purchases) for the first three months
- 4% cash-back on gas station and grocery store purchases
- 2% cash-back on store purchases and recurring bill payments
- 1% cash-back on all other purchases
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Purchase protection and extended warranty
If you don’t really care for travel rewards, then you should consider the Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite since it’s one of the best cash back credit cards in Canada. Until April 30, 2019, there’s an insane sign up offer of 10% cash-back (up to $2,000 in purchases) for the first three months and the annual fee is waived for the first year. Once the promotional period ends, you’ll earn 4% cash-back on gas station and grocery store purchases; 2% cash-back on store purchases and recurring bill payments; and 1% cash-back on all other purchases. You also get extended warranty which doubles your manufacturer’s warranty up to one additional year. Read my Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card review to see what other benefits you get.